The DetNet database can be used by the classification expert(s) nominated by the company or by one of the external experts (as shown in the diagram below):
The classification expert appointed by a company can be:
- A company employee (in-house expert) or
- A consultant contracted by the company to carry out classification assessments.
The role of the expert (in-house, contracted or external) is to:
- Undertake training prior to the use of the DetNet database and demonstrate competency in application of the classification approach;
- Use the classification explanatory notes developed by A.I.S.E. to classify detergent and cleaning products for skin and eye irritation/corrosion;
- Compare the composition of the untested mixture to the reference formulations included in DetNet database and select the most appropriate ones for classification purposes, as applicable;
- Complete the agreed level of documentation to support classification decisions;
- Refer issues, inadequacies or problems with the guidance and gaps in the DetNet database to the DetNet manager;
- Discuss and explain classification decisions with national authorities when required - such issues are to be notified to DetNet manager which will provide support as necessary.
For more information on experts click here.